It's not all dire, though: I believe we're at the cusp of humanity's Golden Age, where AI and robotics handle most work; humans survive and thrive on universal basic income, and we enter a second Renaissance where art and culture flourish like never before, and people are fulfilled and happy as all basic needs are met and everyone is able to find and pursue their purpose. After which the Singularity hits and we either evolve or get wiped out. Fingers crossed!
That's the utopian fork we're hoping for. The flip side is Community's Meow Meow Beenz or Black Mirror's Nosedive where everyone is assigned a social rating number and your entire life stems from that number. Terrifying, but won't happen, surely? It's already started: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/chinese-government-social-credit-score-privacy-invasion
Mandatory in China by 2020. That's 3 years away. I'm an optimist but the minutes to midnight have never seemed scarcer.
Anyway it only seems we owe it to ourselves to live life to the fullest while we still can! Lembas has only launched for 3 short months but it's been so incredibly fulfilling to be of value to people already, and our only desire is to be even more convenient and palatable.
- 20% discount code "firsttaste" for all new customers!
- 10% discount for referrals, both new and existing customers! Referral link here: http://lembas.refr.cc
- We're in the January issue of The Peak magazine, thanks for the feature!
- We're starting "Lembassadors", a series of interviews of people who do what they love for work and play; who have found their purpose, put their time and energy into fulfilling that purpose and lead rich and fulfilling lives as a result. If you have achieved that lifestyle or know someone who has, please get in touch! We'd love to hear your story, publish it and inspire other people to do the same. Selected Lembassadors and their recommenders will receive a supply of Lembas. Together we can create a community that loves life and helping others to do the same.
- Our corporate orders are picking up! Get your HR to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so you can always enjoy Lembas from the comfort of your office pantry.